The Susan Wasserman Memorial Award will be presented to an individual who has demonstrated exceptional teaching potential within the first five years of teaching. The person nominated must be knowledgeable in social studies content as well as pedagogy and must be able to relate successfully to students. Elementary school teachers may be members through a building affiliation with NYSCSS.
General Rules and Information
1. Nominations may be made by a fellow teacher, supervisor, colleagues, parents and students and other forms of documentation such as sample teaching materials are strongly urged.
2. Nominees must be members of NYSCSS from July 1, 2012.
3. The nomination form MUST be filled out completely.
4. The due date for receipt of nomination packet is December 1, 2012.
5. A recent photograph of the candidate should be included in a sealed envelope in the nomination packet. Award recipients' photographs will appear in the Convention Program.
6. The Awards Committee will make its recommendations to the Executive Committee of NYSCSS. The Executive Committee is responsible for finalizing the decision of the winner of each award.
7. The award winner will receive a plague and a monetary award at the annual convention.
8. It is the responsibility of the nominator to inform the award candidate of his/her nomination.