PART II- ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
A. Goals and Procedures
1. Review charge from the Board of Directors.
2. Establish specific goals for the year.
3. Work toward the implementation of those goals.
4. Solicit copy, edit copy and write articles when appropriate.
5. Work with other Board members to develop articles and announcements.
6. Seek out appropriate materials from any relevant sources.
7. Promote the development of special features and departments.
8. Work with printer on layout/printing.
B. Relations with the Board of Directors
1. Provide the NYSCSS President with regular reports on status of publications(may be done also
through publications committee).
2. Attend Board of Directors meetings in the spring and fall (or send a substitute).
3. Attend NYSCSS Executive Committee meetings at the request of the President.
4. Provide the NYSCSS Secretary with copies of reports three weeks in advance of Board of
Directors Meetings. (Send one copy to the President.)
C. Communications with Members of the NYSCSS
1. Publish and distribute TIME & PLACE and the SSD.
2. Give guidance on due dates and procedures for submission of articles.
3. Write editorials
D. Administrative Procedures
1. Maintain contact with the NYSCSS Treasurer and adhere to policies on income and spending.
2. Maintain records and files, including back issues.
3. Pass such files on to your successor and to the Executive Secretary.
E. Appointment and Evaluation.
1. Any member may apply for editor-in-chief.
2. Appointments are made for three (3) years with evaluation made by the Executive Committee in conjunction with the Publication Committee.
3. At the end of three (3) years, applications are open. The current editor need not apply but must indicate a desire for reappointment.