XI. COMMITTEE CHAIRPERSONS
A. Organization of the Committee
1. Contact all members of the list supplied by the incoming President.
NOTE: COMMITTEE MEMBERS ARE INVITED TO SERVE BY THE PRESIDENT IN CONSULTATION WITH THE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE. CHAIRPERSONS SHOULD RECOMMEND
INDIVIDUALS TO THE PRESIDENT, BUT SHOULD NOT INVITE INDIVIDUALS TO BE MEMBERS OF COMMITTEES. ALL COMMITTEE MEMBERS MUST BE MEMBERS OF NYSCSS.
2. Check to see that Leadership Directory has been received by each committee member.
B. Goals and Procedures
1. Review the committee’s charge from the Executive Committee.
2. Establish specific goals for the year.
3. Develop a calendar and work assignments, using model calendar.
4. Supervise the committee’s efforts to implement goals as the year progresses.
5. Conduct an end-of-year review and evaluation.
C. Internal Communications
1. Maintain regular communications with committee members.
2. Send copies of communications and minutes to NYSCSS President.
3. Conduct at least two meetings each year.
D. Relations with Board of Directors of NYSCSS
1. Send copies of written report to NYSCSS Secretary three weeks in advance of Board of
Directors meetings. Written reports shall include attendance at each committee meeting.
2. Send a copy of any end-of-year reports to NYSCSS President within three weeks of
3. Attend Board of Directors meetings in the Spring and in the Fall (or send a substitute).
4. Carry out Board policies as they relate to the committee.
E. Communication with Members of NYSCSS
1. Provide at least one article to the editor of TIME & PLACE.
2. Assist the editor of the SSR in the development of articles and special features relevant to
the committee’s work.
3. Consider the feasibility of co-editing an issue or section of SSR relevant to the
4. Consider the feasibility of developing an occasional paper or other publications relevant to the committee’s work
5. Assist the Convention Chairperson in the identification or development of sessions and
programs for the annual meetings relevant to the committee’s work.
F. Administrative Procedures
1. Maintain contact with NYSCSS Treasurer and adhere to policies on spending.
2. Maintain committee records and files.
3. Pass such files on to your successor and the NYSCSS Executive Secretary.