PART II- ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
A. Summer of the year treasurer takes office
1. Help previous Treasurer finalize budget, transfer books, etc.
2. Present budget at September Board Meeting
3. Provide extra copies of payment voucher for Board Meeting
4. Secure bonding for designated staff
B. During Year
1. Oversee keeping of books, monitor all expenses and collections
2. Sign all checks
3. Create specialized reports and do analyses as deemed appropriate
4. Prepare reports for various Executive Committee meetings as well as for the Spring Board Meeting and annual business meeting
5. Monitor use of tax exempt number by individuals and local councils
6. Advise the executive committee and the board of directors of their fiduciary responsibility and the fiscal health of the organization
7. Work closely with the Executive Secretary in accomplishing and overseeing of responsibilities.
8. Following the January and June Executive Committee meetings, process voucher for payment of Executive Secretary’s stipend.
C. At End of Term
1. Take primary responsibility for the creation of next year’s budget
2. See that the new treasurer has everything in terms of records and information to enable that person to do the job.