PART II- ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
III. VICE PRESIDENT
A. Process affiliation papers. Inform each local council of representation and request delegate information
B. By August 10, gather material of Who’s Who Directory and supervise its publication prior to fall Board meeting.
C. End of September – send letter regarding meeting of membership committee at September
Board Meeting with agenda. Send Questionnaire:
1. Who will be attending the meeting;
2. Who will represent the local councils at the Board Meeting (to be passed on to the
3. Additional agenda items for local council presidents’ meeting.
4. Send letter to membership committee and arrange for meeting during this period
D. By October 15 – Send letter to local council presidents summarizing main points of September
meeting. Send suggestions or minutes of Membership Committee meeting for their
F. Send minutes to members of the Membership Committee.
G. Follow through on any ideas gained from membership committee meeting.
H. During the year stay in contact with local council presidents, especially those that are forming
new councils or need help/advice. Relay information/requests that are appropriate to other
officers including the Executive Secretary.
G. One to two months prior to Convention, write local council presidents to
1. Obtain names of delegates to Spring Board Meeting
2. Invite them to local council presidents’ meeting
3. Present special agenda items/concerns.
H. Three/four weeks prior to Convention – send out agendas for local council presidents’ meeting
I. Host Convention meeting. Meet with Membership Committee at Convention
J. After Convention – Send local council presidents thank you notes for cooperation and summary of meeting discussion/ideas; remind them of affiliation procedure. Send minutes and thank you notes to members of the Membership committee.
K. In May – Send out letter to local council presidents:
1. Soliciting membership list
2. Providing forms for affiliation procedure with suggested due date of mid June.